weird lag issue on my mbp 13'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crottychop, Mar 27, 2011.

1. crottychop macrumors newbie

ok so i bought my mbp 13' last summer and now when im using it i notice a weird lag issue. its really hard to explain so ill try my best.

when im watching a youtube video, every 5-10 seconds of watching, the screen then freezes, i can still hear the sound but it freezes for about 3-5 seconds and then resumes again, but it skips those 3-5 seconds it was frozen for.

when im online, typing something, such as this post, ill type but not see any letters, and then after like 1-2 seconds everything i typed will pop out all at once and not one by one,
    and when going on internet sites, theres pauses every 2-3 minutes...
    like when im scrolling down a page, it will stop scrolling and then jump all the way down..

i know this isnt very specific but any help about fixing this lag issue will be very appreciated.

thanks

2. krimsen macrumors member

Open up Activity Monitor and look for high CPU usage. Might be something running on your machine thats using up your processors cycles.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I have similar issues with my Blackbook and mid-2007 iMac. Are you using FireFox?

4. crottychop thread starter macrumors newbie

yea im using firefox... does the type of internet you use affect it ?
    because i have a pc desktop at home and i use firefox and it runs no problems....

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I don't think the type of internet affects it. It lags whether I'm on DSL, cable, WiFi, or Ethernet. Some site lag more than others. Macrumors lags about a 6 out of ten. Engadget lags an 8 or 9 out of ten.