Weird lag on iPhone 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Oct 15, 2014.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

A couple minutes ago I was on a phone call, and after it ended, I noticed some big lag on my iphone 6+.

It would take about 3-4 seconds before the actions I performed displayed, for example pressing power on/off, tapping/double tapping home button, etc.

Just anything I did, there was a 3-4 seconds delay.

I had to reboot the phone to get it back to normal.

I was not doing anything before the phone call, all apps were closed in the background.

Anyone encounter this issue on their 6 or 6+?

2. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

My 6 plus has been struggling more today than ever :(
    I have rebooted at least 8 times today. Not rotating , screen not responding , all types of craziness . I returned my 1st phone because it would just freeze up . I have had every iPhone since the 1st and never had any complaints. This 6 plus is really starting to bother me

3. itjw macrumors 65816

My brother had similar issues with his. We attributed it to the screen constantly downscaling to meet the 1920x1080 display resolution.

Pity it's a hardware fault.

Even more pity that people put up with it just because they are desperate for a 5.5" screen. "It's not that bad" is NOT what I want to have to say when people point out my phone stutters and lags.

His new 6 has no issues. Neither does mine.

Glad I didn't get the plus first like he did, but at least it was an easy swap.

4. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I've yet to experience anything like that. Hopefully I don't. The bigger screen/better battery is worth it tenfold. Don't get too bothered by it, updates will smooth things out. I honestly think the hardware can handle it if the current iPad Air does just fine with less processing power and an even greater resolution.

5. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Odd. I've experienced lag occasionally on my 6 Plus, in the same manner (up to five seconds delay between action and response), but never sequentially. I imagine it's a bug in the software brought on by a certain combination of actions. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the software update later this week.

6. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Agreed. This is the rollout of iOS 8, and a new family of devices. These phones have more than enough power to run smoothly. It just takes a little extra R and D to get up to speed. I'm glad I didn't settle for the 6.

7. teabonesteak macrumors regular

i hope you are right. my 6+ seems like its lagging more and more each day.

8. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I hope something happens soon because I'm ready to get rid of it and get a 6.. Both of my kids have 6's and don't have any problems.. This is my second plus since the release date.. Like I said , I have had every iPhone since the first and have not had any complaints. Little things don't bother me but this is becoming a pain in my *** now..

----------

This!!!.. It does seem to get worst everyday

9. jaenicky macrumors member

Obviously a software issue. There's definitely a lag on plus that I can't see in iPhone 6.

10. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

My observations.

1) There is hardly/no animation lag on the 6.
    2) 6 Plus has animation lags.
    3) Both devices on iOS8 run out of RAM fast and keeps refreshing.

I hope iOS 8.1 can fix 1 and 2. Lack of RAM can't be helped? Open less apps?

11. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

same here… Lag from iOS 8 . I have a 5s. It has a lot of lag. Not happy. Just simple stuff like accessing the controls :mad: There will be an update soon or we will storm the iCastle !

12. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I have the 6 and noticing that it lags a lot and I have had to reboot this phone more than any other device I've had....I'm not sure what's causing the issue....is the iOS or something in an app?

13. Zinthar macrumors 6502

I was very strongly considering switching to the Plus (and part of me still is because of that great battery life), but I'm not sure it'll ever feel as fast and fluid as the 6.

I get the feeling that the design of the 4.7" 6 is really what Apple had focused on, and didn't quite polish the 6 Plus to the level we normally expect from the company. Hopefully the downscaling isn't a fatal flaw with regard to UI smoothness.

14. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

When does the iPhone warranty begin?

At purchase or at activation of iPhone?

15. fugmaglottu macrumors newbie

I imagine it's a bug in the software brought on by a certain combination of actions.[​IMG]

16. marillion747 macrumors newbie

If there is no lag/dropped frame rate on the 6 as there is on the 6 plus I feel it's a hardware problem not software, I just hope I'm wrong.