Weird late 2008 Macbook Pro closed WPA wireless network issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unbeliev3r, Nov 5, 2008.

1. unbeliev3r macrumors newbie

I've just got my first ever mac, and it's a beaut :). However, I've hit this weird issue with the closed wireless connections. I've not been able to find any information on this in my searches, so I'm hoping one you may have hit this issue or know what may be going on. I have a closed wireless setup with a D-LINK 4300 router at home using WPA. It works fine for all my other systems 2 windows based laptops running XP and an XBOX 360. I've removed and added many systems over the past year or so without issues. When I tried connecting with the Macbook pro, it failed and continued to fail to connect, whatever I did. Now, here is the surprising part; I changed the network from invisible to visible, meaning broadcast SSID, and it connected within a few seconds, without any change in the setup. I set it back to invisible and it loses its connection again, and so on. Has any one hit this particular issue? Any suggestions? Please note that I'm a newbie to this OS, so forgive me in advance if I don't understand terms straight of the bat.

-D

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

leave it visible, you have WPA encryption. sorry that doesn't help but why do you have to hide it?

3. unbeliev3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it's due to the way I set it up initially, and is just a personal preference of not broadcasting the SSID.