Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andr3Haki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2021
Like the title says i find weird these lens flare lines when there's a close lightsource even facing the phone down/dif angles is that normal?, my phone already was sent to the apple repair center and they didn't find any problem with the cameras, there's no dust inside, etc, during the day the camera seems fine, with nightmode off or on video mode it seems harder to replicate the problem, seems to be both on the wide and telephoto lens.
Photos to showcase bellow:
IMG_0079.JPG
Capture.PNG

Andr3Haki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2021
Yeah with the green dots i know its normal, but with that vertical flare? no matter the angle/even facing the phone down i get these vertical flares if im in a dark environment with a strong close source of light, is that really
normal?

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Are there any marks or chips on the camera glass? It could be light refraction caused by that. I had something similar that just turned out to be a smear from the lens cleaning spray I’d used, but the issue wasn’t as bad as yours.

Andr3Haki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2021
Are there any marks or chips on the camera glass? It could be light refraction caused by that. I had something similar that just turned out to be a smear from the lens cleaning spray I’d used, but the issue wasn’t as bad as yours.
From the outside everything seems flawless, been told on reddit its normal but i dunno seems weird, only happens on that circumstance (dark environment with a close strong source of light) the repair centre didn’t find anything wrong with the camera.

aRByJr

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2019
Somewhere in NY
Lens flare is normal, when the light source is coming from an angle, the rays of light can get caught between the lens elements resulting in flare,
If you want to eliminate it use your other hand and hold it on the side of the lens cluster on the same side as the light source, that should help...

Reactions: Andr3Haki

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Lens flare happens on even the best most expensive cameras. Lens hoods, changing your angle slightly, using your other hand to shield the lens are some techniques. And make sure you keep your lens clean.

Reactions: Andr3Haki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.