Weird Letter from Sprint....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 10th Wonder, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 10th Wonder macrumors regular

Yesterday I got a weird letter from a company who collects money you owe. It stated that it's either suspended or terminated which bugged me. Which is weird because I've only been out of my job for 2 months and my service was discontinued in May. So I called Sprint up to see what the deal was and wonder why they sent it to a bill collecter already. I told them the deal and the apologized for sending it to the Collecter.

This is where it gets weirder none of my friends who has sprint and can't pay their bill has had this happen to them. So they told me if they don't recieve a payment next month they threaten to cancel my services with them. But this isn't a way to get out personally but I guess its okie b/c once they terminate my account I will pay my bill. Plus I have a job now and they are waiting for the money.

Well, this is certainly good because Sprint in Boston is horrible. Because where I live in Boston has almost 1 bar of service in my apartment and dropped calls almost 10 times a day. Like I've stated above it's good they are gonna cancel my account but it's not a sure fire way to do so. So I guess I'm one of those 1500 people they are getting rid of... LOL.

2. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

Uhm, you're kidding, right?

That's not a good way to get out of your contract. It's a huge hit to your credit, that's what it is.

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I've come to the conculsion people in this situation either don't know or don't care about their credit.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I might like to add that they will also slap you with an early termination fee if you go about it that way. They made sure to include that part saying if they have to terminated you account because of non payment it is considering breaking contract. And you did break the contract because you are supposed to pay them the money and you failed to do so in doing that you broke the contract and you get to enjoy that fee as well. Along with the late payment fee, all this with majority messing up your credit.

5. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I would take since you are "happy" about this and posting in this forum you want to switch to AT&T for the iPhone. So not only are you affecting your credit as mentioned by other posters but you have to remember now when you go sign up with AT&T, they could ask you for up to $750 in security deposit.

I sure do miss the days when I wasnt worried about my credit. :rolleyes:

Kevin :apple:

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Just for future reference, the OP's way of getting out of his contract by not paying can be applied to most things in life. Mortgages, car loans, friends/family loans, credit cards, the list is endless!!!

Also OP, Sprint canned their customers for calling 30-50 times per month to customer service. NOT for Sprint calling them 30-50 times per month for collections.

7. copland007 macrumors member

copland007