Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ericatomars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Chicago IL
Okay so I downloaded backgrounder for my iphone. I downloaded the one for the 3.x.x but i noticed that as soon as I downloaded it that there is a small line that goes from my reception bars. Yesterday it was only by my reception bars.. NOW ITS GOING ACROSS TO MY WIFI SYMBOL. Is this from the app, or what? I really don't want my phone to mess up...

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Is it spreading across the phone slowly? See if it goes back the other way making the line thicker. If it does you need a new LCD, because it is most likely cracked.

Ericatomars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Chicago IL
Thank you everyone for your help. I didn't think it was from an app. The line seems to get bigger and smaller.. Its not messing up anything and the other day it was dropped, landed face down.

It's a jailbroken phone so I cant take it to Apple.

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
I dropped mine and there was the finest of cracks in the lcd not the top glass, almost impossible to see only certain angles and light. The phone was fine for about 6 months then it started with a fine 1 pixle width line that started on ones side then slowly over the course of a day or so went right across the screen. Once it reached that side the next day it started back the other way, from there it sped up. replaced the LCD for about $125 CND.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.