Weird Lines in FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jessmess, May 14, 2008.

1. jessmess macrumors newbie

I have been getting these weird lines in my video while editing in final cut pro 5. I've never seen this before and i havent changed any of my settings... that i know of. it is visible in the viewer and the canvas, as well as when i export it to quicktime. any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Thats interlacing. Google it, then ask more questions. :rolleyes:

3. HDhead macrumors newbie

Those lines are the artifact of so called "interlaced video." They exist in standard def and some high def standards. If you're seeing them when you pause the shot that's perfectly normal. If you are seeing them on a VIDEO MONITOR while playing back that means that your interlaced fields are reversed.

Unfortunately, FCP allows you to have mismatched field interweaving in clips in a single project. If all of your clips display this kind of a problem when playing back then reverse the field order in sequence settings (odd instead of even or the other way around). Odd and Even fields are also called upper and lower fields.

If only some of your clips have this problem then you need to swap the fields in those individual clips and the way this is done depends on how the material was generated and captured.

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Nothing to worry about, that's just how DV works. :)

If you're editing the video to be viewed on a computer monitor and really don't want those lines, Final Cut Pro has a Deinterlacing filter which will blend the fields together and eliminate the lines.