WEird little red dots in lower right corner Help :)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eythandamico, Oct 28, 2009.

1. eythandamico macrumors newbie

:confused:So today I was working away on my mac when i noticed something move in the bottom right corner of the screen. Now normally I would just assume its my stressed out self thinking its nothing but low and behold i caught it with a screenie because i kept noticing it.
    [​IMG]

this is what i found, any suggestions or ideas as to what this is? it blinks for like a mili second then its gone it does this every 20 seconds or so but at random intervals.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

That looks exactly like the default "check spelling as you type" underline for the OS, so I'm going to guess it's somehow related. Could be a weird glitch in which the underline is popping up in the wrong place (tried restarting the computer to see if that stops it?), or maybe an app misbehaving somehow (do you have anything open and hidden, and/or anything that might be suspect open?

Possibilities could include anything with a text edit field--a web browser, text editor, or something else...

3. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Oh, it's nothing, really. (everybody else run for cover, the aliens are invading!)

Seriously, Makosuke could be right. Try deliberately mis-spelling some words and see what happens.
    Do the usual restart/permissions etc. route if it is that.

4. eythandamico thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it might be a spelling error as well but it does it even when I'm not typing or when there is a text box rather. As well I took the usual route of permissions and such already but no avail. I wonder what this could be.. I'm starting to think my macbook is just winking at me.

any one any other ideas?!:confused: