Weird looking popup redirect on safari

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SarahCat, Aug 23, 2015.

1. SarahCat macrumors member

hi guys. I was looking up something on a website and a strange redirect came up on Mavericks Safari. Obviously this is a mac but the pop up was talking about windows and I was like "What the ... is this? " I had to command Q Safari and I was able to use Grab to get a picture of this. A similar thing happened to me on my iPad a few days ago but this did not seem normal for a mac? Do you think I need to be worried about malicious code or security breaches on my macbook pro?

I am very familiar with the windows BSOD but as a new mac user it is alarming to me to see a strange thing like that on my computer. I wasn't visiting a website that seemed harmful and I got this redirect in a new tab on safari. thanks guys. It maybe silly to you, but it wasn't for me..

Attached Files:

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Just a common old pop up scam/scareware. No harm done unless you've downloaded and installed something. If you're really concerned, download MalwareBytes for Mac and do a scan through there.

3. SarahCat thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much. I didn't click on anything and I was able to close everything and Safari was fine upon reopening. I see no other usage problems either. Your response was very reassuring and much appreciated.