Weird MacBook 12" Screen fading problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ML95, Mar 11, 2017.

1. ML95 macrumors newbie

Hi! I've been facing a weird problem with my MacBook like once in a month or so, when I open my MacBook 12" up, the colors on the screen are washed out/faded to like a white ish shade. It happens only for a few seconds and then fixes itself! Has anyone else faced this? Could it mean something's wrong with the computer or is it just not a big deal? I've attached two photos of what the screen looks like when faded compared to what it normally looks like. I'm starting to worry about this, please help!

Attached Files:

2. Alicia1 macrumors regular

I have experienced the exact same thing! I notice it when auto brightness goes to max, the colors become all washed out :( I have now turned off auto brightness.

3. ML95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh!! I was so worried it was only happening with my laptop cause when I contacted Apple support they said it was weird and unheard of :O Thanks for that I'll try turning auto brightness off and see if that fixes it! :D

4. cdf macrumors member

I also regularly experience this issue with my 2015 MacBook. I've mentioned it to Apple, and it puzzles them: they don't know if it's a display or graphics problem. I've found that changing the color profile to something else momentarily seems to fix the issue when it happens.

5. 1madman1 macrumors regular

This is a fairly recent phenomenon, and not just on the MacBook. I've also seen it on a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro 13 at work as well as my MacBook. Manually adjusting brightness seemed to fix it. I have NOT seen it happen on my 2012 rMBP.