Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gon17zalo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I have been looking around for help with my rare situation. I downloaded something that actually causes my macbook keyboard to be unresponsive and doesn't let me left click. Everytime I try and left click on anything on my desktop or toolbar it automatically right clicks. Then when I try to type letters into my finder, it does not show up. I tried Re-installing the software but when it gets to the point of the program where you have to put your administrative password, it doesn't let me type because keyboard keys are unresponsive. I believe it maybe some malicious malware of which I cannot seem to find the name of. I also tried to run in safe mode but it wouldn't work because the shift key is also unresponsive. If anyone can shed some light on this situation, it would be most appreciated!

gon17zalo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
it was actually a song off of piratebay.org I'm pretty sure it had some malware in it, because my macbook is acting extremely strange the hardware is in tact, no water has been spilled and it has not been hit either, but the keyboard keys do not type at all and whenever i try to click on anything, it only right clicks :/

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
hmmm that's true, what do you think it could probably be then?

If it is a virus or anything then I think you need to have downloaded an application. By the way, thats why you don't download torrents ;)

Just to make sure, you know what is what:

OP, have a look at Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities) and select Show All Processes and sort by Name to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
4745264042_9c23afdbc9_b.jpg

Maybe something sticks out, if not, just press CMD+A to select the complete listing, then press CMD+C to copy it to the clipboard, then paste the results in the next post you make in this thread via CMD+V.

moongravy

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
Cardiff, Wales UK
Sounds like you might have 'sticky keys' on. Press [ctrl] on the keyboard, then try typing/clicking again. If that fixes it, go into system preferences and turn sticky keys off, or use the 'display pressed keys on screen' option if you want to leave it on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.