Weird Macbook Pro Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrYuiM, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MrYuiM macrumors newbie

Well, I was in the airport waiting for my plane back home and I saw someone on a Macbook Pro. Except, it wasn't silver, it was a green aluminium and looked amazingly nice. It looked like metal and not plastic and from what I could see, there were no clips or hooks around the screen or the bottom. Could this be a special edition mac or could it just be they felt brave and sprayed it? The rim at the bottom was also green, but the keyboard was the usual colour :)

Thanks,
    Yui

2. thecarrot macrumors member

Pics are needed to decipher such a thing, but from first glance I'd say they put a hard case on it, in which case you are mistaken because there is no way that looked good. Sorry.

3. macbook037 macrumors newbie

I want to see Screen shots Weird Macbook Pro Case. lol :D

4. Covart Guest

You must be mistaken, because we all know that only real men have hard cases.

5. MrYuiM thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I got no pics of it but I can assure you it looked like a beauty. Almost as if it was a sort of special edition or custom made for the person. Would spray painting replicate the same effect? But dayum I wanna find out about it. It didn't look like a hard case at all.

Edit:

It sort of looked like these pictures I gathered:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More like the above one except green and white keyboard :)

6. Covart Guest

It is possible that this person took his MBP apart and had the aluminum pieces powder coated. Lot of time and effort to do that, but I've found there is no end to what people will do to their stuff.
    There is also metalic spray paint, which would be another possibility.

7. sebgreen macrumors regular

coolWare will paint a new machine for you or paint your existing machine

Check out this company...... sounds like what you saw was either bought brand new form here, or sent to them after it had been purchased in standard aluminum.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/c-3-computers.aspx

8. MrYuiM thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, looks about right. They do some kickass colours!