Weird MacBook Pro Warranty Question

Spencer Reynen

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
My MacBook Pro has a raised lid on one side and a normal lid on the other side. The lower back part of my screen at the hinge level is bent in about a milimeter. I have not dropped the laptop, damaged the laptop, in any way and believe this is a hardware defect. I have the early 2011 MacBook Pro and was wondering if I could take it back. I bought it in March and it's really getting on my nerves. I realize that it's a weird time to bring this up but I think it just keeps getting worse. What can I do about a replacement? Thank you for your help.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
My MacBook Pro has a raised lid on one side and a normal lid on the other side. The lower back part of my screen at the hinge level is bent in about a milimeter. I have not dropped the laptop, damaged the laptop, in any way and believe this is a hardware defect. I have the early 2011 MacBook Pro and was wondering if I could take it back. I bought it in March and it's really getting on my nerves. I realize that it's a weird time to bring this up but I think it just keeps getting worse. What can I do about a replacement? Thank you for your help.
You bought it in March, you're completely out of the 14 day window. Unless the Genious feels generous, I think you'd be wasting your time to take it in. The 14 day window's pupose is for you to use and inspect the machine, that's when you should've noticed.

Spencer Reynen

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
You bought it in March, you're completely out of the 14 day window. Unless the Genious feels generous, I think you'd be wasting your time to take it in. The 14 day window's pupose is for you to use and inspect the machine, that's when you should've noticed.
Yeah I know, it's really stupid, but is there absolutely ANYTHING I could do?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Ultimately it's up to you. There is nothing you should do before taking it in to fix the problem yourself, otherwise they'll definitely say that you caused the problem. Either take it in and see if they'll fix it, or ignore it.

BrickbookPro

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
My CD drive began to warp after 37 days. It hadn't been dropped and had been babied. I brought it in and explained that I thought it was a weak spot in the casing that became warped with the heating and cooling. The fixed it for free. (Unfortunately they disconnected my battery in the process and I had to wait another 3 days for shipping and repairs–I got an ipod out of it though).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.