Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I have a CD Macbook.

It has had various repairs for various problems throughout the 2.5 years of ownership.

lately I have noticed that the screen will be on and I can see the desktop but I go to move the cursor with the trackpad and the screen goes black and it goes to sleep. Then I have to wake it from sleep.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is this a problem?

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
I assume that you have discounted any settings that you have in your Energy Saver Preferences. Does it happen every time or frequently or just once in a while?

I haven't heard of this issue and quit scaring me about bad things in the future of my CD MacBook.;)

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I assume that you have discounted any settings that you have in your Energy Saver Preferences. Does it happen every time or frequently or just once in a while?

I haven't heard of this issue and quit scaring me about bad things in the future of my CD MacBook.;)

it has happened to me a couple times...but not always. However, the first time I thought I just caught it at the exact moment it was going to sleep...but to have it happen more than once, I doubt that is the case.

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
try safe booting and see if it still happens, that is, boot with the shift key down. If it still happens try to remove any suspicious programs, like hacks, or backup stuff. If that still doesn't work try doing an archive install and see if it's still doing it. If it's under warranty you could always make it Apple's problem, although intermittent issues are always tricky.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
try safe booting and see if it still happens, that is, boot with the shift key down. If it still happens try to remove any suspicious programs, like hacks, or backup stuff. If that still doesn't work try doing an archive install and see if it's still doing it. If it's under warranty you could always make it Apple's problem, although intermittent issues are always tricky.

Its my girlfriends and she never downloads any programs. No new programs have been added since a time when it didn't ever occur

I have had various problems with this MB and a guy in Customer Relations gave me his direct line if anything else went wrong with. However, I have no idea how to recreate the incident and I just don't want it to be a problem when the warranty runs out. But I also don't want to complain when its a non-issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.