Weird Mail Preview App - how to uninstall.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Baccus83, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Baccus83 macrumors newbie

So I a year or two ago I installed a program that displays your e-mail in a translucent window over any application you're running. Fine for two years ago, when I wasn't getting that much mail. Now I'm starting my own business and I get LOTS of mail per day, and it's frustrating having to click through all of these intrusive windows every time I get a message. Even spam!

I don't remember what the app was called or where the hell to find it. It's not in my Applications folder or my utilities folder. I need to get rid of this app for my own sanity. Anybody know what it's called, or how to find it - so I can uninstall it for good?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm running OSX 10.4.11 at the moment (will be updating to Leopard shortly), if that helps.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. peckerhead macrumors member

peckerhead

It sounds like it may be Mail.appetizer

If so, you can disable it by going into Mail > Preferences > Notification and then unticking the enable Mail.appetizer option.

You can completely uninstall by removing the Mail.appetizer.mailbundle directory which is found in:

Hard Drive/Users/username//Library/Mail/Bundles/