Weird marks on the glass?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RNRage, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RNRage macrumors newbie

Bought my iPad Mini Retina less than a month ago.. Have it in a case and take good care of it.. I noticed over the past week, these weird dots (that look gray when the display is on) on the screen. When the screen is off, these marks are still visible, so I know it isn't dead pixels. It started off as one tiny mark and has increased over the past week to well over a dozen spots no bigger than the tip of a pencil.. Any ideas as to what this could be? :confused:

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No idea, but take it back...Apple will swap it out since it's brand new I wouldn't mess around with it...sounds like some kind of defect in the manufacturing process.

3. Arid macrumors member

Arid

I noticed the same on mine but I've had it since January. The tiny marks are front and centre, too!:(

4. timsaxman, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

timsaxman macrumors member

I discovered the same thing yesterday when I was watching som YouTube videos. At first I tried to wipe it away but it didn't go away. I'm wondering if it's something on the outside or if it is in fact on the inside.

EDIT: I have a 4th gen iPad

5. appleyeah macrumors newbie

A factory worker probably sneezed on the glass before it was put in place.