Weird Mavericks (?) Issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mac&cheesey, Nov 2, 2013.

1. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

Has anyone else had either of the following issues wince upgrading to Mavericks?...

1. I have a 2013 11" MBA (maxed specs) connected to a Cinema Display. When I wake the MBA after it goes to sleep I have no sound through the Cinema Display speakers. If I unplug the mini display plug (in the Thunderbolt port) and reconnect it the sound comes back.

2. Ever since upgrading to Mavericks I usually get this notification... "iPad Not Charging... Connect to a power adapter or a USB port on this Mac to charge." Before Mavericks, this powered USB hub would charge the devices and allow me to sync. However, now they still allow syncing but won't let me charge the iPads.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    m&c

2. joedaddy macrumors newbie

joedaddy

Similar issue. As of a couple of days ago audio on 24" cinema display no longer shows up and mac keyboard connected to display does not show up. Seems to be an issue with MBA working with USB hub in display. Very frustrating...worked fine with Mountain Lion.

Still looking for a solution

3. joedaddy macrumors newbie

joedaddy

mac&cheesey, found a workaround this morning. The USB port on the right side of my 2013 MBA stopped working. I moved the display USB cable to the left side and everything went back to normal.

I suppose my USB ported crapped out :mad:

I've been using the MBA with the cinema display for about 6 weeks and the problem started just a couple of days ago.

4. mac&cheesey thread starter macrumors 6502

5. mattme33 macrumors newbie

I have this problem too. Have you found a solution yet?

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did all of you try to Reset your NVRAM? IMHO sometimes it helps reset ports on an OS X machine.

7. davidlv macrumors 65816

more weird issues

I have had several weird things happen, after installing 10.9.1
    The Dock suddenly had 3 icons in it that I specifically took off the dock immediately after the installation, about 3 months previously, including iBook and Reminders, forgot the other one.
    My sound menu system preferences pane had changes too, that I know I didn't do, alert sound were changed from off to on, volume changed too.
    I hate it when the system takes charge and makes changes, it is my computer!
    Can't be iCloud syncing either 'cause my only other computer does not show any related changes.
    Weird stuff Apple :eek::apple::eek:

8. mattme33 macrumors newbie

Just did... Sadly it doesn't fix the USB issue.