Weird MBP Mid 2010 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Monkeywrap, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Monkeywrap macrumors newbie

Little bit of background info. I have Mid 2010 2,66GHz MBP that had suffered liquid damage and I replaced the logic board for new one. Everything is working fine until you install bottom case.

When bottom case is installed, fan starts to blow at maximum speed and console comes with a kernel message "no card" indicating that airport card drops out. I've been repairing MBP:s as a hobby and this goes beyond my knowledge. I've narrowed the problem to these "grounding pins" as seen on the picture. As soon as these are pushed down MBP hangs and fan starts to speed.

Anyone had similar symptoms or knows how to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm taking a wild guess here, but are ALL those pins grounding when you seal the case? The body could easily be a little out of shape, with one or more of the pins not making contact to earth.

If I was going to check it I would get something like blu tack and put a little bit at the point each pin contacts the surface...see if one or more. barely reaches...just a guess though.

3. Monkeywrap thread starter macrumors newbie

Tested that by simply putting the MBP on table without the bottom case, immediate fan speeding and kernel message "no card" and alternate test by pushing the pins down with a help of a friend, same result.