Weird MBP Power Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Relznuk, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Heres an interesting case I want to run by you folks:

I was using my MacBook Pro yesterday, took a short 5 minute break, and when I came back, my 15" MacBook Pro (early 2011) had completely shut itself off.

I pressed the power button and nothing happened, so I figured the battery had drained for some reason (although it was plugged in). I made sure the power adapter was secured, and tried pressing the powe button again. Nada.

I tried a different power adapter and different wall outlets. Still nothing. Let it sit for 30 minutes, tried again. The power adapters don't even light up, and pushing the power indicator didn't do anything - it didn't light up at all.

Drove an hour to the Apple Store, Genius said he'd never said anything like it, and said everything looked normal when he looked inside. Said he'd have to send it to Apple, and I wouldn't get it back for 10 days.

So I'm screwed for at least 10 days, but what's really bothering me is that I can't figure out what could have gone wrong.

Any ideas? Anyone seen something like this before?

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

If he's never seen anything like it, he's got to be new. Magsafe boards fail, too.