Weird Megavideo error on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by clin86, May 3, 2009.

1. clin86 macrumors regular

my macbook had been acting really weird lately. i cant seem to access megavideo links at all. i tried reinstalling flash and even putting in a new hard drive with a different account and it doesnt work at all. the video player just doesnt load on the browser. this is the same on safari and on ff.
    ive attached a screenshot of the errors shown on safari and another of how the pages doesnt load at all.
    does anyone know why? is there something wrong with the firmware on the mac?

Attached Files:

2. Alvin.C macrumors newbie

Hello,

Are you using a router? If so, reset it, and try visiting the site again.

3. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

As said above, it sounds like a router (or internet) error. Try the website on another computer or reset your router/modem.

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

For whatever reason your Mac is having trouble resolving one of the hostnames that MegaVideo uses.

This could be due to a number of things: your ISP's DNS servers could suck (likely), your router might have a faulty/buggy DNS resolver (only if it's got a built-in one -- slightly less likely), someone's been screwing with your /etc/hosts file (pretty unlikely) or MegaVideo is broken (no.)