iPhone Weird Messages glitch when deleting texts

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pooter03, Oct 3, 2014.

1. pooter03 macrumors newbie

A weird glitch happens when I try to delete multiple messages, one at a time, by swiping. The first message or two will delete fine. After that when I try to swipe the next message, rather than smoothly sliding to the left to reveal the delete button, it just jerks back to the right. I have to then swipe again to delete. This means I have to swipe twice for every message after to delete.

This behavior started on my 5 when after I updated to 8 (and continued through 8.02) and happens on my 6+ which I restored form a backup rather than setup as a new phone.

While it is a minor annoyance (although I do get a lot of texts due to monitoring software I use at work), I'm concerned it is a sign of other problems. I can't find any other patterns, but there's been a few one-offs. My 6+ seemed to spontaneously reboot at one point. Some apps have crashed once or twice.

Is this issue a known bug in 8, or should I just wipe it clean and set it up as a new phone?

2. C DM, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

Maybe some sort of a (new) built-in "feature" to prevent quick repeated accidental deletes?

3. pooter03 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's almost certainly a glitch. It didn't happen when I was on IOS 7, and the very act of having to swipe before you delete prevents accidental deletes.

I'll try and record it on my wife's phone next time I get a bunch of texts to delete.