Weird MobileMe problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshort, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jshort macrumors regular

Has anybody else had any messages like this? I had one come up yesterday and she had 10 or so come up this morning.. we're both on MobileMe. Anything I should be concerned with?

Attached Files:

2. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

I have MobileMe, I haven't seen or heard anything like this.

Might be a weird one time thing? If it keeps happening, contact Apple.

3. jshort thread starter macrumors regular

Does anybody have a contact email for MobileMe support? It's so hard to just send any support group an email anymore..

4. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

5. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Never seen that before! You apparently have emails from the sixties!

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I noticed it during the betas and I reported it to Apple. When I did a restore as new iPhone, the problem disappeared.

7. cad871 macrumors newbie

Me too!

I get this as well, but it is in my gmail box. I do not have my phone receiving any mail frommy mobileme account. Let me know what they tell you if you call or do a chat with them. Thanks!

8. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

I saw this on my iPhone 3G running iOS4. I rebooted the phone and the messages showed up normally with real subject lines, dates and messages. Not seen it on my iPhone 4 yet though.

9. CactusHawk macrumors regular

I have not seen that issue. My wife's 3GS running 4.0 did have an issue where new email would not show up in the in box. She would get a new email tone and a red icon over the email icon but nothing would show in the inbox. I deleted and reinstalled MM and it works fine now.

10. terrywfoster macrumors regular

I have MobileMe and have not had that issue. Also my battery does not display the % like yours does.

11. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Scroll to the bottom and tap load all messages works for me!

As for the battery percentage. Providing your on a 3GS or ip4 go into settings > general > usage.

12. terrywfoster macrumors regular

Thanks for the battery % info.

13. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I did not get this on my phone, but my wife did. The only difference was that I restored hers and my was a new set up. Not claiming that it is the link, but only variable that is different

14. arcanic macrumors regular

arcanic

While some users have reported problems between IP4 + MobileMe, I haven't had any. I've heard of this with other email providers, so it may be beyond just a MM issue.

Arc

15. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Like any troubleshooting steps, I would first try a reboot, then deleting the account and re-adding it before a restore.

What appears to be happening is that something prohibited the entire message to load, and it thought it was complete. Just a glitch, I wouldn't call it a bug until the problem becomes more widespread.

16. tonedef407 macrumors regular

I don't have the 4 yet, but I have 4.0 on my 3g and MobileMe hasn't been the same since. Sometimes it syncs sometimes it doesn't.

17. ballen420 macrumors 6502

This happened to me yesterday too. It was only happening on my phone as my iPad and iMac both received the emails correctly. I couldn't even click on the emails to view them and ended up deleting the MobileMe account from my iPhone and then re-added it. It worked fine after.