Weird MobileMe Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kepardue, May 5, 2009.

1. kepardue macrumors 6502

After reformatting my Macbook Pro and re-adding my MobileMe account, I found that my Calender wouldn't sync. It repeatedly asks me if I want to Merge the data or replace it on either the Mac or MobileMe. Regardless of what I answer, it will silently fail and pop up the same dialog again in a few minutes.

I've tried unregistering my Macbook Pro (as well as the pre-reformatted Macbook Pro) from MobileMe and electing to reset the sync data from the newly formatted, clean iCal.

Same thing, a silent fail.

My Mac Pro at work still seems to sync with it, as does my iPhone.

Also, since yesterday I've noticed that Mail.app somehow forgets the passwords to my two email accounts. So, I'm thinking that there may be some kind of issue with syncing Keychains as well?

2. allial3001 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue, but only with one of the user accounts.

I had to kill that user account and create a new one.

Before you do that, try starting iSync; it may walk you through resolving any issues between the computer and mobileme

3. Big Willie macrumors member

Have you tried this yet?

"If this does not resolve your issue, or if you are unable to open iSync, follow these steps:

In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
    Open Terminal.
    In the Terminal window that opens, type or paste the following command on a single line:

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl full

Press Return.
    When the operation is complete, quit Terminal."

From Here

4. kepardue thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, I just got through taking the nuclear option, I wiped my profile, created a new one, and then reset all of the mobileme data. Just got through restoring my backups, and everything seems to be syncing as it should.