Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I was just going along surfing the net, & when I tried to open a new tab the dialog box kept opening up for me to choose open new tab, where as before, I could just click on the little plus sign & it opened a tab. I then shut down firefox, & just clicked on my desktop, & just using the primary left button kept bringing up options.

Sometimes just scrolling the wheel in the mouse would zoom in on what ever content was the screen of my macbook pro, & I would not be able to zoom out to normal size. It seem to randomly do this when scrolling a page open on the internet, it would zoom in instead of scroll.

I was using a microsoft intellimouse, went in system preferences to check settings, & at first I could not open the preferences, the mouse would just highlight for the option to remove preferences pane. I clicked out, then clicked again & could open the presences.

I even unplugged the intellimouse, & tried using my mac mighty mouse, & had the same problems. I then shut down & did a restart of my macbook pro & it seems ok now, but I would like to know what is going on.

on another note I did just download & install some new apps; inkscape, paparazzi, sea monkey Xee & some other stuff. Could any of them be causing the problems that I had?

I was also fiddling with the system preferences going from graphite to the standard aqua themes in the windows.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
thread bump

I will try bumping this thread, no one has ever had any mouse difficulties on here?

or perhaps it may seem to be be nothing, or I am over thinking it but it would nice to know what it was.

if this is any help, I am using a macbook pro 2010 os x snowleopard 10.6.3

rgwoehr

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
That's happened to me before, but I think I had my feet on the desk and my leg was holding down the control key. It happened a couple times though, I don't think I was touching the control key the first time.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
That's happened to me before, but I think I had my feet on the desk and my leg was holding down the control key. It happened a couple times though, I don't think I was touching the control key the first time.

I dont think I had any of my hands or arm on a button, but perhaps I did & did not realize it. do you think it is anything serious?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.