Weird mouse issue with Airplay mirroring

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ggabriele3, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ggabriele3 macrumors member

Jul 24, 2012
    I am experimenting with mirroring my Macbook Pro Retina (2012) with my new AppleTV.

The mouse keeps jumping to the top-left area of the screen, no matter what I do. I don't have anything running - just the MBP with Airplay mirroring.

any ideas?
  2. waw74 macrumors 68030

May 27, 2008
    airplay mirroring shouldn't touch your cursor.

are you using a mouse? or the builtin trackpad?
  3. ggabriele3 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2012
    I'm using the trackpad, but nothing's touching it.
  4. Conch macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2012
    Is your battery swelling? I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and it turned out that the battery was swelling just enough to put pressure on the underside of the trackpad causing the curser to jump around.

I would take the battery out and inspect it. You could then plug your computer in to AC power without the battery as a test.

Oddly my battery is again swelling but this time the trackpad is behaving but my cooling fan is making a buzzing sound.
  5. ggabriele3 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 24, 2012
    It's not swelling.

After some substantial testing (and googling) i'm sure that this is a bug with mirroring. I ended up using just an AppleTV and mirroring to one screen, since I could not find a reliable solution for two screens.

I almost got it working with my MBP, AppleTV, and Splashtop...but even besides the mouse issue, you could see the mac struggling to decide on a screen resolution between the three displays.