Weird mouse issue with Airplay mirroring

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ggabriele3, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ggabriele3 macrumors member

I am experimenting with mirroring my Macbook Pro Retina (2012) with my new AppleTV.

The mouse keeps jumping to the top-left area of the screen, no matter what I do. I don't have anything running - just the MBP with Airplay mirroring.

any ideas?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

airplay mirroring shouldn't touch your cursor.

are you using a mouse? or the builtin trackpad?

3. ggabriele3 thread starter macrumors member

I'm using the trackpad, but nothing's touching it.

4. Conch macrumors newbie

Is your battery swelling? I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and it turned out that the battery was swelling just enough to put pressure on the underside of the trackpad causing the curser to jump around.

I would take the battery out and inspect it. You could then plug your computer in to AC power without the battery as a test.

Oddly my battery is again swelling but this time the trackpad is behaving but my cooling fan is making a buzzing sound.

5. ggabriele3 thread starter macrumors member

It's not swelling.

After some substantial testing (and googling) i'm sure that this is a bug with mirroring. I ended up using just an AppleTV and mirroring to one screen, since I could not find a reliable solution for two screens.

I almost got it working with my MBP, AppleTV, and Splashtop...but even besides the mouse issue, you could see the mac struggling to decide on a screen resolution between the three displays.