Weird music sorting issue on iPhone with iTunes Match enabled

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by puravida5, Dec 17, 2011.

1. puravida5, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

puravida5 macrumors newbie

Ever since turning on iTunes Match on my iPhone, songs, albums, and artists don't sort correctly. What I mean is that the first letter headers don't match the items. This really makes it a pain to jump to certain letters using the shortcuts on the right. No amount of turning iTunes Match on and off seems to fix the issue. Anyone else see this or figured out how to resolve it?

I've attached images to better demonstrate what is going on.

Attached Files:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Mine corrected itself with several on and off toggles. Are you sure all the tags are correct?

3. puravida5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the tags are correct. I just tried turning it on and off again and no dice.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

What a PIA! The only other thing I did at the same time I had the problem was run an update on the ID3 tags, then updated Match.

5. puravida5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it definitely got worse before it got better, but I think I figured out a way to fix the problem. I'm still not sure why it happened, but as my phone continued loading the album, artist, and song lists from iCloud, it started mixing up the order in addition to not putting the right artist under the right letter header. By the time it was done, I had about a dozen "various artists" and several of the albums and artists had multiple entries on the list (all leading to the same list of songs).

Turning iTunes Match on and off didn't seem to help, so I thought I would take a more aggressive approach. I turned off iTunes Match and deleted all of the songs that were in my phone's memory (dragging to the right across each artist and pressing delete). After I deleted the songs, it still showed the iCloud logo next to the artist, so I had to turn iTunes Match on and off again to get it to show me that I had no music in my library. Then I turned iTunes Match on AGAIN, and upon going back to the music app, I was greeting with a new screen: an iCloud logo with a progress bar beneath it. It then downloaded all of my music and ordered things properly!

Now I am just in the process of downloading the songs I want again from iCloud. It was pretty annoying to have to do this, but it seems to be working very well now and the artwork is even syncing properly.