Weird Network Errors

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by solol, Mar 12, 2013.

1. solol macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

i started working at a new company last week and i am having strange problems. we have a network (wifi as well as ethernet, i can choose whatever i like) that i can access (including shared folders, intranet stuffs etc). what i can't however is access the internet. everyone else can (Windows computers, android devices, even another mbp running 10.5.x).
    my machine: mbp early 2011 with 10.7.5.
    ping, nslookup is working fine (i attached a file)

as soon as i fire up a browser and type in something (let's say google) it can't establish the connection (can't resolve hostname, like a dns error)

i have limited access to the server, but i can setup a meeting with the tech guy. if needed.
    Any suggestions? More information needed?

best regards

Attached Files:

2. kryten2 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps your company uses some kind of proxy server. Take a look at the proxies settings on the mbp that can access the internet.

Attached Files:

3. solol, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

solol thread starter macrumors newbie

i checked his proxy settings: no proxy set (all greyed out), only the standard values are set.
    BTW: when i copypaste the ip directly in to the browser it works.

4. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

Just curious, did you ensure that mDNSResponder is running? You can try giving it a bounce with the following commands:

Code:
    sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
    sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist