Weird Networking Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Atomicfission92, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

Alright I have a quirky problem with my wireless network. I have a Linksys 160N wireless N router. I have my MBP hooking up wirelessly and I have another PC wired to the router. That's about where it stops being a normal setup.

If I have my MBP in sleep mode or off, my PC which is wired, loads very slow if at all. Now if I have my MBP on and I am using it, the PC works perfectly normal.

I changed over the LAN ports on the router and I still get the same effect.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. Atomicfission92 thread starter macrumors regular

No takers on this problem?? I just can't seem to figure it out.

3. Atomicfission92 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright so I figured that it may be my router assigning both my computers the same IP address being that one is on wireless and one is wired. So I set the wired PC to a static IP of 192.168.1.102 and I let my MBP as a non static IP.

Now when I use my MBP the wired PC won't work and if I'm not on my MBP the wired one works.

I can't seem to figure this out at all.

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

You're right, that's confusing.
    Any possibility you are using DSL and you still have both computers setup to do PPPoE authentication? Only the router should be doing PPPoE.

5. Atomicfission92 thread starter macrumors regular

I am using a Cable Modem so I don't have to deal with the PPPoE thankfully. Got rid of DSL a long time ago.

Like I said before I have a feeling its the router assigning both computers the same IP and its not switching them around or something.

Oh BTW I have a Linksys WRT160N router if that helps, I know I mentioned it before but oh well.