weird noise from macbook..but not the cpu buzz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by funkypepper, Jan 27, 2009.

1. funkypepper macrumors member

hi,

about one week ago, my white macbook(late 2006) started making noises, somewhere under the part, where f5, f6, 5, 4 is placed. its not the cpu buzzing noise, once i got that too, and solved it by installing shhmbp, and its gone.

this noise is more like a mechanical noise- similar to the noise of the hard drive, but unlike that, in a certain consistency, and apart from the cpu usage, it randomly starts <trrrrr>ing. also it is not so loud, but distractive enough.

would this cause a problem in te future? i am not sure it is the fan, because the fan spins can be heard seperately, depending on its speed at that moment.

what is your opinion, is it fan-or the cpu? is it possible cpu to make a slight, and silent trrr noise? i plan to open up the laptop and clean the fan if possible. but i want to be sure that, it is the fan, making the noises.

2. funkypepper thread starter macrumors member

3. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Probably the fan. I replaced the right fan on my mbp 2.33 and the noise (vvrrrrr+low tick) was gone. The left side is starting to have that, but it goes and comes.

4. funkypepper thread starter macrumors member

thanks
    glad to hear this
    i'll seek a replacement by myself in an appropriate time.