Weird occurance...can someone figure it out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Dec 31, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Ok, I've had something odd happen with my 3GS. It just started this morning and while it's annoying, it's not a tragedy. I'm hoping someone else has experienced the same thing and might know of a fix short of doing a restore.

Whenever I make or receive a call, once I put the phone to my ear, the screen goes dark (like it's supposed to). But it's started locking the screen...as if I had the call on speakerphone (when I don't). When the call is completed, and I go to hang up, I have to unlock the phone. The second part of this is that when I unlock the screen, it doesn't go straight to the call screen with the "end call" button at the bottom, but rather the screen appears as if I were on a speakerphone call, with the green bar at the top saying "tap here to return to call". I have to tap that in order to get to the call screen and finally end the call.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, does anyone know of a fix? I'd rather not do a restore, but if I must, I will. It just seems odd since I haven't added anything to the phone in a few days. I did uncheck everything in Winterboard and return the phone to it's "native" state hoping that would show me that it was a theme or something that was causing it, but it still does it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Do you have CallLock installed? It does exactly what youre describing. I actually choose to use it because I have a habit of pressing mute with my cheek when on calls. CallLock automatically locks the phone screen when a call is connected. Check in Cydia if you have it installed.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well, Yes my I experienced something very similar to what you describe on my development 3GS, however since it is a development phone I restore it like several times a day so what i did was a restore and it was all gone. Note that I didn't try to debug it so Not really sure if it is a fix.

4. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

xXriderXx7, I don't have CallLock. Since I'm still on a 3GS, I don't have the proximity sensor issues that others with the 4 have experienced.

It actually makes me laugh a little bit because there were probably iPhone 4 owners that would've killed for this to happen to them a few months ago if they were having the proximity issue! :D

5. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hmm...well, like I said, if I have to do a restore then I have to do one. I'm just trying to avoid it (like the plague!)

Can someone point me to a reputable place I can download a copy of iOS 4.0 in case I need to do a restore? I think that's correct, that I need to have the firmware stored locally when I go to restore the phone? I have my hashes saved all the way up through 4.2.1, but I'm pretty happy on 4.0, so I don't mind staying here for now.

6. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Update

Well, I think I found the issue.

I was checking my updates in Cydia and saw there was one for Phone Closer (it allows you to control whether the recent call menu pops up after a call is over). I checked the change log and, sure enough, the update was to fix a problem with the proximity sensor.

It's almost 1 am here, so I won't be testing it by making a phone call tonight, but I'm pretty sure that was the culprit. Crisis (hopefully) averted!

Thanks for the responses guys.