Weird Pages (graphics?) issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yojitani, Mar 19, 2009.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I have 3 pages of endnotes, 20 pages of body thus far. Now, every time I try to type another word in the body the cursor (and my sentence!) moves to the next page and overlaps the endnotes. If I keep typing, save, close pages, and reopen, everything goes back to the way it should be until I start typing again.

I'm using pages 09 and have tried saving and then opening in 08, copying and pasting into a new document, and opening the document on a different computer but the problem persists.

Thanks for any help!
    YT

2. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

I solved the problem myself. In case this happens to anyone else, the problem was easy to solve:

1. I am using endnotes with a view to have a works cited page AFTER the endnotes. Thus, they are set to 'end of section.' PM me if you need to know how to do this.

2. Because the endnotes will go automatically to the end of the documents and if you have 'hide invisibles' set, you might accidentally, like me, delete the section break.

3. Solution: insert section break.

4. Of course, this is still a problem for pages since there shouldn't be a limit to the number of pages you write before it starts choking.

YT