Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Last week I was connected to my extended wifi network (2 AEBS, one in 5ghz bridge mode) with my iPad, and I was unable to send an email via the mail app until I disconnected from the 5ghz bridge router and reconnected to the main one.

Tonight I kept getting asked to re-login to the eBay app on the iPad, while connected to the bridge router. When I turned off wifi and used LTE, no more login prompts.

Finally, I also got messages that I couldn't connect to the App Store, again while connected to this same bridge router.

Turning off wifi on the iPad fixes it.

Anyone heard of anything like this? Is it a router problem or an iPad problem?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Last week I was connected to my extended wifi network (2 AEBS, one in 5ghz bridge mode) with my iPad, and I was unable to send an email via the mail app until I disconnected from the 5ghz bridge router and reconnected to the main one.

Tonight I kept getting asked to re-login to the eBay app on the iPad, while connected to the bridge router. When I turned off wifi and used LTE, no more login prompts.

Finally, I also got messages that I couldn't connect to the App Store, again while connected to this same bridge router.

Turning off wifi on the iPad fixes it.

Anyone heard of anything like this? Is it a router problem or an iPad problem?

From your post, I'm guessing you have one AE bridging a 2.4GHZ network? Check the wifi settings on your devices, and make sure they are connected to the same network....It should work on both, but a hard re-set is sometimes required on the IOS device. If the ipad is connecting to the correct network but you have no access to the internet, then I'd go through Airport Utility and double check both AEBS settings ( wifi tab ) thenI'd restore the iPad.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
From your post, I'm guessing you have one AE bridging a 2.4GHZ network? Check the wifi settings on your devices, and make sure they are connected to the same network....It should work on both, but a hard re-set is sometimes required on the IOS device. If the ipad is connecting to the correct network but you have no access to the internet, then I'd go through Airport Utility and double check both AEBS settings ( wifi tab ) thenI'd restore the iPad.

Thanks. At this point I'm thinking I've just been a victim of coincidental site problems at ebay and gmail, as last night I got logged out of ebay again, but while using LTE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.