Weird Past Jailbroken Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hicks., Jul 8, 2010.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

OK, so the thread title isn't very grammatically correct, but I couldn't think of another way of saying it.

So any way. I had a 3G and jailbroke it to GM iOS 4. When the legitimate iOS 4 came out I stuck that over the top of it so that I could pass the phone on to my GF.

I then bought an iPhone 4 and restored everything to it. Now on both devices, I have a battery % indicator. My iPhone 4 always has this regardless of whether or not I toggle the setting off in settings or not (see attachment).

Is it safe to assume that this is just something left over from jailbreaking in my backup file? If so, any way to remove it without doing a full clean install? I always thouht the OS wouldn't leave behind orphaned files etc.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• -1.png
      -1.png
      File size:
      109.3 KB
      Views:
  2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

If you used anyother cydia app or something to put the battery percentage on the top, then you have to jailbreak again.

Then re-install that app and disable the battery percentage.

This happened to me before with memory usage being displayed next to the time.

Edit: Sorry I just noticed you said it was from a restore. If you do a fresh new restore, it should be good as new. It seems to me that a jailbreak file from your 3G was left in that restore somewhere and it transferred over to yuor iPhone 4.

3. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

If you restored your phone from a previously jailbroken backup then yes that battery percentage will follow you every where you go.

You can restore your phone and "set up as new phone" to get rid of anything else that may have dragged over from a jailbreak.