Weird, picky question about "My Photos"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by classie787, Sep 25, 2010.

1. classie787 macrumors member

I uploaded a few photos onto an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and when I view the photos "fit to screen" they are a bit blurry. But if I zoom in, for about a second it is a bit soft, then sharpens up...and if I then zoom back out to "fit to screen" it is sharper than it was to begin with. So, to view it sharply "fit to screen" you must zoom in and then back out. I am not sure if I'm conveying this clearly...but has anybody had similar experiences? Does it do this in the 4th generation?

2. eddy2099 macrumors member

I have not tested that on the iPod Touch 4G yet but on the PC, I do experience that with the HP scanning application.

I would take it that the picture may be a larger than what the iPod could handle in an instant and would take a while to fully render the image. It probably is slowly building the image by rendering a very low resolution copy of the image and then rendering the full details afterwards.

The zooming in and out probably did not do anything to improve the image. I would take that if you wait a while and do nothing, the full image would render as it should for you.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I've seen this behavior on my 2nd gen Touch also. I just assumed it was normal.

4. classie787 thread starter macrumors member

Very interesting guys. Since the 4th gen has what...twice the RAM as the 2nd gen would this mean that this is less likely to happen in the speedier 4th generation Touch? I'd also like to hear from iPhone 4 users, as don't they have 512mb?