weird pop up never seen before

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robertgarven, Apr 6, 2017.

1. robertgarven macrumors member

robertgarven

I have this weird pop-up I've never seen before. There're no applications in my dock that are open. And when I click on it, I get the spinning ball of death. Does anyone recognize these icons? I tried to force quit open programs but it Untitled.jpg just shows my finders open?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have a scanner?

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

A scanner would not necessarily be using an active app, so that might explain why you don't see an open app.
    Scanner would be attempting to use a scanner or printer driver, or the internal extensions or kext files that a scanner needs to work.

If you don't have a scanner (as far as you know), what printer do you have attached?
    What OTHER devices do you have plugged in to your Mac?

4. robertgarven thread starter macrumors member

robertgarven

I have 2 epson scanners and neither one are on and their programs are not running?

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It doesn't matter if the app is showing up in the dock. As @DeltaMac already explained, they could be trying to do things in the background.

6. DeltaMac, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

You tried disconnecting the scanners, correct? (not just powered off)
    Are these stand-alone scanners, or multi-function printers?

You can also look in your Activity Monitor app. List the processes by name, and (maybe) look for process that have Epson as part of the process name. You may even see processes that are listed as "stopped responding", or something similar.
    The free EtreCheck app might be helpful here, too, as it may list active extensions in use, even though your hardware is not attached.

7. cobracnvt macrumors 6502

cobracnvt

Do you share your scanners over your network for other people to use?

8. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

Funny icon style. Does not look like either Apple or Adobe.
    Doesn't look like Epson either.
    As DeltaMac suggested, Activity Monitor is your friend here.

9. Bubble99 macrumors 6502

It looks like your scanner or printer/scanner has error or not set up properly.

If was me I would hook up the scanner or printer/scanner get it working. If I set up the scanner or printer/scanner get it working and it works okay and works!! And still get pop up you must have some other scanner or printer/scanner.

Some scanner or printer/scanner are also wireless.