Weird popups

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thekb, Jun 2, 2012.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2010
    Not sure if this is a Mac-specific problem or not.

I've noticed in Chrome (and I *think* Safari, but not positive) some odd popups, like context specific popups with text in them. They come at unexpected times when I pause at various points in the page. I don't think that the text that comes up is relevant to the problem, but if it helps diagnose the problem, the text is names of several stocks that I had been researching over the past few weeks. So I will pause moving the mouse and a box with "Andina Acquisition Corporation" or "Power shares QQQ' will popup (hypothetical stocks, but you get the point). There is no other browser window open at the time and I have restarted my computer several times since I researched those stocks. What is going on? Why is the browser remembering these stocks and popping them up at random times? They will reappear when I move to that part of the page again, then disappear on the next screen. Very odd!
  2. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2010
    Followup ... Did it in iTunes this morning too, so it is not just limited to my browsers. Next time it happens, i will try to get a screen capture.