Weird power issue with MBP C2D A1211

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cookieme, May 28, 2010.

1. cookieme macrumors regular

When I woke up this morning the magsafe was no longer lit with a green light. It is supplying power to my MBP, but doesn't charge the battery any longer. Very odd indeed! I have performed the following troubleshooting steps:

- Reset SMC: Didn't help

- Tested a brand new battery: Didn't help

- Tested another magsafe: Didn't help

- Tested different power sockets: Didn't help

The MBP is receiving power when the magsafe adapter is connected, but not charging the battery!

I know the MBP is about 3.5 yrs old, but this is extremely frustrating especially as it has happened for no apparent reason.

I guess that my testing has narrowed it down to a hardware problem to do with the logic board.

Any suggestions?

2. cookieme thread starter macrumors regular

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So you've already tried all the troubleshooting steps, then you've taken your adapter to an Apple-Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for evaluation and replacement if necessary?

4. cookieme thread starter macrumors regular

Perhaps if you would have taken the time to read my first post:

you would have realised that I have already tested with another functioning power supply. The result was the same as with my own, thus I can conclude that it is not a power supply issue!

Anyone can post a link to a support article on Apple's site!

If someone else has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.