Weird PPPoE connection on 10.6.1.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SefKerem, Nov 7, 2009.

1. SefKerem macrumors newbie

Hello,

My PPPoE connection is via a direct cable from fiber link and I use no modem. The connection is always successful, but I can not seem to receive any data to load web pages.

Weirdly, I can get online on Skype and can do video chats. I called RDSRCS technical assistance(Romania), but all they say is that my connection is good, and I have a problem with my computer, and they don't know much about Mac OS X.

Any of you has ever experienced something like this? What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

2. midnitehowl macrumors newbie

Weird issues/ same problem

Hello,

Ive got the exact same problem. PPPOE connects succesfully but there is no incoming traffic at all.

The thing is that I did some debugging and found the following:

while I connect for the first time I start a ping into a host on the internet. Although the DNS resolves the ip address the ping gets only timeouts. Now check out the next curious thing that happens.

I leave the ping running, and while its running I disconnect the PPPOE connection and reconnect it. During the restablishing the ping daemon starts to get incoming responses without any problem. This ”LIVE” status keeps going until i stop it. If i open a browser window or try to ping another host, ping requests are rejected like in the first place.

Could anyone have any idea of whats going on?

been experiencing this issue with os x 10.6. Ive updated it with a combo pack to 10.6.3 and the problem still persists. Is there anyway I could see what app is blocking my incoming pppoe traffic?