Weird problem after upgrading to lion...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by furycd001, Aug 29, 2013.

1. furycd001 macrumors member

furycd001

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have some customizations on your system. Are you using the latest versions of your customizations? What happens when you remove them?

3. iThinksimple macrumors member

iThinksimple

or it may better to uninstall first the customization apps you've installed before, then see, does the finder window remains as it is ?

4. furycd001 thread starter macrumors member

furycd001

Thank you for your replies. I had a theme called shades of gray installed. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling with no luck any ideas :?

5. furycd001 thread starter macrumors member

furycd001

Would anyone happen to have a copy of the original theme folders :? Apparently if I copy them to my mac my theme problem should disappear. Can anyone confirm this :?

6. Bear macrumors G3

Uninstall; Shades of Gray and re-install Lion. this should get back the original themes.

7. furycd001 thread starter macrumors member

furycd001

Ok I have shades of gray uninstalled currently so I will go reinstall lion. Thank your for your reply. I will let you know what happens...

8. furycd001 thread starter macrumors member

furycd001

Ok so reinstalling lion worked like a charm :). If I install any custom lion themes my system ui breaks & reverts back to this ugly look with missing icons. I can stick with this default look but is there any way I can install custom themes without my system ui breaking :?

The only reason I install a custom theme is to change the close, minimise & maximise buttons...

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If the theme break in Lion, they are not Lion themes.

10. furycd001 thread starter macrumors member

furycd001

Thats what I was thinking, but the themes say they are lion specific & other people are said to be currently using them. Anyway it doesn't bother me using the default theme. Thank you everyone for your help anyway...