Weird problem of 10.6

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by semi.stitch, Feb 6, 2010.

1. semi.stitch macrumors newbie

It happened once before when I was using 10.5

I reinstalled my system to 10.6 so it fixed by itself

But this weird things happened again today

I already try to repair my disk using Disk Utility

But nothing fixed

so I recorded it and put it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBehyCnFW0

I think the problem probably have something related to Finder or some system process

Hope u can help me, thanks!!

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Sorry, I'm not going to watch a video. You need an informative thread title and a brief explanation of your problem if you want anyone to pay attention and help you. :)

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. semi.stitch thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I accidentally hit the "return" button while I was going to type my situation

Sorry : (

5. semi.stitch thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to repair permissions, but still nothing happened... : (

You mean to backup my whole disk?

6. semi.stitch thread starter macrumors newbie

Holy mama,

Unexpectedly,

It's my wireless Logitech mouse's problem.

Sorry for bothering u guys.

7. keebs1978 macrumors newbie

problems!!!!

hello all im very new to forums so please go easy on me and what makes it worse im very new to apple to.
    i have recently purchased a 27" i5 imac less than 2 mths ago, the start of my problems was i turn the machine off one night and i could still hear a buzzing noise ( like a transformer on a power supply, im an electrician and that best describes it!) i ignored it to begin with and some days later when i could still here it thats when i got concerned, so i decided to unplug everything and restart, thats when problem 2 showed itself when i plugged any powered device into the usb ports got got blue sparks! (im no genius but that surely isn't normal, is it?) so i got on the phone to apple and after some button pushing they asked me to take it somewhere for repair, which i did and 2 wks later it returned with a new logic board and psu??? and still sparking! also i have read on a few posts that some imacs wont wake up for sleep, mines the complete opposite it wont sleep from either the menu or tapping the power button the only way i managed to make it sleep was to unplug ALL of the usb devices including keyboard and then tap the power and it slept like a baby! having spoke again with apple for a long time they now have agreed to exchange it (in a months time due to "no stock" on the applestore so really what im asking of you guys is have any of you heard of any of the faults listed
    1 sparks from usb when powered devices are plugged in
    2 buzzing noise when imac is turned off
    3 imac NOT sleeping

is there any thing you would suggest many thanks keebs1978:)

8. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

1) Make a new thread, to get more help :), and
    2) Take that to Apple as that is certainly not normal under any circumstances.

9. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

No probs - *likes helping Mac users :D*