Weird problem on MBPr 13" early 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeCeLeR, Oct 26, 2016.

1. GeCeLeR macrumors newbie

GeCeLeR

Hello MacRumors,

Ive gotten a weird problem, I've run the diagnostics with the computer and it gives me a failcode

4HDD/11/40000000: SATA(0,0)

But im not sure if that might be the problem.

Ive replaced the screen recently, so that should not be the problem.

See the youtube video, to see what i mean.

Im considering, if it really should be the hard drive that is the problem or might it be GPU?

Geceler

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The flash storage (SSD) may be failing, or maybe it is a bogus error code that you can choose to ignore.
    The error code that you posted is one that would be generated by a hard drive error.
    (Your Early 2013 rMBPro doesn't have a hard drive (HDD).

Are you only getting an error code when you run your diagnostics - or are you actually having a problem with your MBPro?

3. GeCeLeR thread starter macrumors newbie

GeCeLeR

The problem is the screen is flickering as you can see on the video, the light goes and comes instantly.

Hardware Diagnostics came with the error code mentioned

4HDD/11/40000000: SATA(0,0)

Do you think that, replacing SSD or the Cable will fix the video issues?

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

hmm…
    A bad internal video cable might give random flashing, and that may be position sensitive. But yours is unusual, as it seems to be 2 seconds dim, then 2 seconds bright, repeating in fairly even intervals. That suggests to me that is might be a temperature issue, or that the backlight is failing.
    That may mean that the screen will need to be replaced, or that the logic board may be failing.
    If you have a local Apple store, or an authorized service provider, you should take it there. They can run what they call a Clamshell test utility, which will check the integrity of the video signal, and might quickly pin down a hardware issue.

5. GeCeLeR thread starter macrumors newbie

GeCeLeR

I will try to talk with Apple, since they have this issue with their 15" retina models from 2013 (which has a replacement program) - and hear if they are aware of this issues.

Thanks for the help DeltaMac :)