Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Hello everyone, I just got my new 15' 1.5Ghz 1GBRAM Powerbook today and I'm ecstatic. However I am having a very weird problem. I downloaded a whole bunch of fonts today, and ever since, everytime I go to google.com, or anywhere else, any of my applications, one of my very hard to read fonts is there. Everything is written in that font, I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it, but nothing has worked. I am new to Macs so I really don't know a whole lot, so please someone help me!!!
Thanks guys,

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
Hello everyone, I just got my new 15' 1.5Ghz 1GBRAM Powerbook today and I'm ecstatic. However I am having a very weird problem. I downloaded a whole bunch of fonts today, and ever since, everytime I go to google.com, or anywhere else, any of my applications, one of my very hard to read fonts is there. Everything is written in that font, I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it, but nothing has worked. I am new to Macs so I really don't know a whole lot, so please someone help me!!!
Thanks guys,

well i know you say the font is shown for everything - does that mean when you were typing your post it was in this font? Are the menus in every program in this font?

First off you could just delete the font... That is probably the simplest solution. Once you do that the system would probably just revert back to default settings. To do this you go to the font book application in your applications folder then find the font, right click it, and choose disable.

The best thing to do would be to try to fix it though - first off I would try going to Safari preferences and changing the default font to something more readable. To do this you open safari, then under the safari menu in safari, you choose preferences. in the preferences pane you choose appearance, then in appearance you choose your font... If choosing a new font successfully fixes safari, then just do the same thing in other programs that you are having this problem with.

Church

macrumors regular
May 9, 2005
Alabama
I don't know if this would work, since I don't mess around with custom fonts... but, open up font book, which is an application. Then click on the collection called "web" and then whatever the font is that is giving you trouble, select it, and at the bottom of the column with the font, click disable. If it doesn't work.... there's always apple's forums ;)

Edit: or just do what the previous guy said.... >8P

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Regarding Safari

Have you tried resetting Safari? Did you delete/disable the font? What font is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.