Weird problem setting up my speakers...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MrCrispy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. MrCrispy macrumors member

MrCrispy

I've got an intel Mac Pro with logitech z5500 5.1 surround speakers (another surround sound question. Yay!). I've got the speakers hooked into my mac using an optical cable.

When I go into the midi audio panel and select the configure speakers button, the only thing that is enabled is Stereo. the 5.1 option is grayed out.

All I want is to have some surround sound in World of Warcraft like I used to have on my pc using the same speakers.

Any ideas why the 5.1 option would be disabled?

2. MrCrispy thread starter macrumors member

MrCrispy

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Is 5.1 in WoW on OS X supported? Might try emailing Blizzard tech support about this.

4. MrCrispy thread starter macrumors member

MrCrispy

I'm pretty sure it is but shouldn't I still be able to configure the 5.1 speakers in the Audio Midi Setup app regardless? That's the main issue I'm having is that even though I have a 5.1 speaker setup with an optical cable connecting it, the Audio Midi Setup application is only recognizing a stereo speaker setup. The 5.1 option is grayed out.

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

"Grayed out" would make me think it isn't supported. :confused:
    I'd recommend following Mackilroy's advice, and contact Blizzard's tech support.

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Check out the Mac support forums on Bliz's WoW site, there is likely some discussion about it. I vaguely recall hearing things about 5.1 with the Mac client but I don't remember what.