Weird problem: Suddenly can't hear anything with VoIP apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Numl0ck, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Numl0ck macrumors member

It's very strange, from one day to the next all my VoIP apps (Nimbuzz, Softphone, Siphon) stopped working properly. I can't hear anyone through the internal speakers but people hear me. When I activate the external speakers, everything's working normally. With the headset there's no problem either, nor is there a mute switch on.

Anyone with an idea what it could be?

2. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

sometimes an app doesnt release the volume control.. if i´ve played music with spotify or tunein etc. , when i start a game that normally has music, its totally quiet
    doublepress terminate all "music" apps (and the game in question) always solves it... doesnt happen very often thou, and if i just like u change the output from internal to headphones, bluetoooth it seems to resolve itself

3. Numl0ck thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying but I really don't know how to solve it. I tried rebooting, bluetooth on/off. The internal speakers don't work with my VoIP apps, only when i make normal calls.

I appreciate every hint, as I need VoIP on regular basis.

4. Numl0ck thread starter macrumors member