Weird problem when opening a program

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrvang, Nov 9, 2014.

1. chrvang macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I wonder if any of you know what I could do to fix this issue...

I've got a copy of Rapidweaver, however when I try to open the darn thing - it just bounces up and down in the dock for a while, until it finally stops and looks open... but I can't use the program and it doesn't appear anywhere. Only sign that it's open is that the icon is in the dock, with the black dot beneath it... I just installed Yosemite, but Rapidweaver was working fine earlier today, until I installed some plugins.

So now I'm wondering... is there a way to clear out the program entirely, and all plugins, from the computer, so that the software could work again when I reinstall it?

I've already tried looking in application support for residual stuff, but it's clear of Rapidweaver material. So I'm stumped...

If I download the very latest version's trial copy from the developers website - I can run that no problem...(!)

2. Mr Hildy macrumors newbie

Mr Hildy

Go to the task bar and try to open a new window of the program. Usually it's under "File" or "View". In case you don't know, the task bar is the bar at the top of your screen with the Apple logo, the name of the selected application, etc. Sometimes an app can be open and working just fine, but won't open up a new window upon the user opening the application.

Let us know if you still have issues. Good luck!

3. chrvang thread starter macrumors newbie

Im afraid the task bar doesnt change from the finder to any software package :(

I also tried repairing disk permissions - nothing... i dont get it.

4. Mr Hildy, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

Mr Hildy macrumors newbie

Mr Hildy

If you click on the application icon and the task bar doesn't change to that app, then I would re-install the program. If that still doesn't do the trick, then you might have to wait for the developer to release a patch for the software. I'd also contact the developer and let them know about the issue that you are having since installing the plugins that you mentioned above. Those could be the issue, and not the software itself. You also might want to try removing the plugins and seeing if that fixes things.

5. chrvang thread starter macrumors newbie

Trouble is, as I allude to in the OP, I dont know how to remove everything entirely... I cannot find anything related to the software in application support - I got rid of everything, it seems...

But before I installed pluskit it worked fine --- and the latest version's trial edition from the developers website also works fine.

I guess the only thing to do is to get in touch with them, or buy the latest version... bleh...

Thanks regardless =)