weird problem with ipod touch when playing videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ipaqman, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

so i unboxed my 16gig week 38 touch today and was playing some movies and noticed that all i saw were those rainbow florescent colors while the movie was playing the bright blue, green, red colors. turned it off. tried playing it again and it was fine. it has happened to me a couple times. is there a problem with my itouch?

ipaqman

2. r-murf macrumors newbie

weird colour problem

i bought my 16GB ipod touch yesterday, added some videos this morning (and more tonight) ...some (not all) of my videos are doing that same weird colour thing; it's like some lame accidental psychedelic effect...
    i've tried using the "convert selection for ipod" option in the advanced menu (just to be sure); same problem after conversion...
    anyone out there have any idea what's going on with the video playback for ipod touch?

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

To both of you: a few people have reported having this problem... go to Apple (snap a photo before doing so if you want to be extra convincing) and bring it back for an exchange.

4. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

Happened to me the other day. All I did was shut off and restart, everything was fine and no problems since.

I thought it was weird because I had stuff on my Touch and then I synced some pictures and then realized everything was gone. So I readded my stuff and thats when that effect occurred.

5. r-murf macrumors newbie

again

well, i shut down, restarted and the problem stopped... for about a week... tonight i've shut it off a dozen times, but the freakshow won't stop... so i took some pictures (and a video clip) of the screen freaking out, but then my camera died before i could import them...
    anyone else have a picture of their iPod "doing it"?
    i want to send a picture to apple with my repair/replacement request...
    thanks!

6. jepaz macrumors regular

Encountered this as well last friday when playing some video from YouTube. Then I closed the app and decided to play some videos....same thing. Finally I decided to turn it off and checked YouTube and videos, it's back to normal.

I haven't encountered such problem again....yet.

7. duraace macrumors member

Sounds like software, but I haven't seen this once yet. (fingers crossed)

8. Oli80 macrumors newbie

I too have had this very strange problem and am convinced it is a software issue.

This occurred watching a Youtube video the other day so I exited youtube, went back in, and the problem was solved.

Today, during my lunch break, I was watching Family Guy when these funny colours appeared. I closed the application, opened it and the same thing occurred again. However, it was not affecting any other application on the iPod. Music, pics and everything else worked fine. So I restarted the iPT and it seems to have fixed itself so far.

I am waiting for it to do it again, and will be waiting with my camera when it does.

Would hate to send it back as I can imagine it will take a long time to replace.

9. mattm0nkey macrumors newbie

overheating?

the same thing has just started happening to my iPod, maybe the iPod is overheating? Why not try turning it off and leaving it to cool down for a while.