Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I am trying to add a tv show to metaX but when I fill in the episode name it won't let me change to another field. I have used MetaX for a few TV shows before and it has worked fine but I can't get this one to work. All other fields are ok and let me edit them except for the episode name, anyone any ideas how I can fix it?

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I am trying to add a tv show to metaX but when I fill in the episode name it won't let me change to another field. I have used MetaX for a few TV shows before and it has worked fine but I can't get this one to work. All other fields are ok and let me edit them except for the episode name, anyone any ideas how I can fix it?

What format is the file you're tagging? mp4? mov? avi? What you are importing into MetaX makes all the difference.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hi newappleboy, the file is an m4v file. I have converted three other files that I converted at the same time and they have all worked successfully.

It is a TV show, if there is any other info you need to help please let me know.

Cheers!

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Hi newappleboy, the file is an m4v file. I have converted three other files that I converted at the same time and they have all worked successfully.

It is a TV show, if there is any other info you need to help please let me know.

Cheers!

Hmm. I personally have never tagged an m4v, but it should be possible. Have you tried adding the episode title after everything else? Or click the Toggle button up on the toolbar to select every field and then edit?

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
yeah I have tried doing it the same way as the last 3. I must be missing something, will have a play with it and if I get it working I will post back. Cheers for the help :)

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
If the file is over 4 GB, MetaX cannot tag it. Kerstetter (the developer) is working on it as we speak.

iowamensan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
I had the same thing... I thought I had it figured out but after tagging, iTunes still put the TV show in my movies category. I ended up using Lostify for TV shows, but MetaX for movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.