Weird problem with Omaha Steaks Web Page (Is it just me?)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by todd2000, Nov 25, 2007.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So we are trying to buy someone an Omaha Steaks gift card for Christmas, and their web side refuses to let me complete the transaction from any of my 3 computers. I've tried it one my iMac with Leopard, and Safari 3, my iMac with XP and IE 7, or my Aunts PC with XP and IE 6. Three different computers with 2 different OSs, and 3 different Browsers having the same problem makes no sense. Every time I do try to purchase one it says

"Item - Sorry, price is incorrect. Item cannot be sold."

It works on both of my friends computers running Safari 3, and 2. Anyway can you go to http://www.omahasteaks.com.

1. Click on the picture of a Gift Cards on the left
    2. Click "Buy Gift Card" NOT the E-Gift card
    3. Enter "Someone Else" Qty:1 $60, and click buy
    4. Enter any name you want and click buy.

Does it work for everyone else? What could be causing it not to work on ANY of my computers? Im confused :confused:

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It works for me (at least as far as the basket). I suggest you clear your Cookies. (Preferences==>Security==>Show Cookies)

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yeah, I was able to add it to my basket just fine. Not planning on going any further than that.

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

I doubt it would be a cookie problem on 3 different computers, but I just tried it with Netscape in OS X, with the cookies cleared anyway, and that didn't work either. I don't want to clear my Safari cookies, but I don't think it would help anyway.

5. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

you should go further than that, best steak I have ever cooked at home...mmmmmm :D

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

7. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000