Weird problem with organizing notification center. Help?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by pic620, Oct 21, 2011.

1. pic620 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

This never happened before but, everytime I rearrange the order of my app notifications, they go back to some
    order that I never set them in. I reset the phone and it's still doing this. any thoughts?

2. pic620 thread starter macrumors member

& I just confirmed; I do not have this problem on my iPad. Should I just reinstall the iOS?

3. C N Reilly macrumors regular

When you go to Settings and choose the Notifications tab, is it still set to "manually" at the top instead of "by time"?

4. pic620 thread starter macrumors member

yessir, I've tried toggling between the two as well. its the weirdest thing. no one else seems to have ever had this problem. & i myself didn't in any previous beta. i'm on the GM release - so is my iPad. guess I'll do a clean install.

5. Mic'sBook macrumors regular

I have this issue as well. I'm using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 (latest to date).

Tap 'Settings', and then 'Notifications', and then 'Edit', I can rearrange the items appearing in Notification Centre.

However, after rearranging those items and going back to the main Settings page, when I tap 'Notifications' again to view the changes I made, I find the order stays the same as it was before.

Rearranging the items several times / After rearranging, tapping that specific item and going back one page seems to solve the problem.

6. ajo macrumors 6502

I am having this same issue with iOS6

Twitter used to be near the top, I move it to the top but it doesn't stay there.

7. AppleAlfred macrumors member

I was having the same issue, and a restore did the trick for me. Obviously a huge pain in the bum, but hey it worked:rolleyes: