Weird Problem with Original Xbox Dashboard

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rapmastac1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Ok, I have noticed this a few years ago and searched for it and nothing comes up. I have asked so many people and no one knows what I'm talking about. When my first Xbox was new, the dashboard (big thing with the circle and you can choose menu options from it) was stationary. A year or so later it started moving around the screen.

It did the same thing on my second Xbox as well. And my friend brought his old Xbox out and it is doing the same thing. Here is a video of some guys Xbox (in Spanish), just an example. Watch his dashboard move around the screen slowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCez1ArByM&feature=related

Does anybody here know what causes this and do you have this same problem? Can anyone find any articles on it because there is nothing on the internet about it from my searches.

It's a little thing, but seriously what causes it?

EDIT - This is what it is supposed to be like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcRLVDNaKV0

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe it had been a software update to prevent burn-in on TVs. There were problems where people would leave the TV on and the X-Box on that screen and it would cause burn in on TVs (CRT, LCD, and Plasma) so this was done to mitigate that fact.

TEG

3. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

That seems like a good idea, but it did it on my Original Xbox from like launch and it did it on my newest one (about a year and a half old now) and it only does it after a long time of owning the system. If it had been an update, how did it update? Through OXM or something?